Eco-schools is more than just improving our school and improving use of school resources. It is also important to think of others and have a better awareness of citizens around the world and their way of life.The school has made links with a school in Uganda called Musese School. The link was made through an organization called PONT which is located in Pontypridd. For more information on the agency go to http://pont-mbale.org.uk/main/index.php.
Our school has been sending letters back and forth at least twice a year so that pupils and staff are able to have a better understanding of life in Uganda and also of the differences between our life and people in Uganda.
Below are photos of Cymer pupils writing letters to be sent to Musese School.
INFORMATION ABOUT MUSESE SECONDARY SCHOOL
- The school is a mile outside of Busiu, 11 miles away from Mbale.
- There are 21 teachers in the school, 17 are male and 4 female teachers.
- There are 4 classes in the school:
- Class 1 - 114 pupils
- Class 2 - 122 pupils
- Class 3 - 138 pupils
- Class 4 - 81 pupils
- The total number of pupils within the school is 455
- Children go to a Comprehensive School when they are 12 years old and they can attend until they are 21 years old.
- There are many different lessons being taught:-
- Agriculture (farming)
The school is at present promoting "a healthy mind in a healthy body" and therefore the pupils are currently participating in many leisure activities, for example football, athletics and many other sports.
- Supply the school with a phone connection and internet access.
- Buy 10 new computers for the school.
- Install electricity in all parts of the school.